MS-150

  • John Wehmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006

      We still need a few more people  for the MS-150 Bike Run on June 10th and 11th.  Saturday we will start at Byron Center High School in Kent County and end at Hope College in Holland meandering mostly through Allegan County.  Sunday will go from Hope back to Byron Center HS meandering mostly through Ottawa County.

      Note that each day is a long one.  We will meat in Byron Center at 6am and be done mid to late afternoon.

      Please contact me if you can help and let me know if you can do Saturday, Sunday or both.

      Thanks and 73

      John Wehmer WB9JSR wb9jsr@...

    • John Wehmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2006

        In the name of all of those that have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society volunteers, I would like to thank all of the hams that participated in the Grand Rapids MS 150 Bike Tour.  It was two long days and our work was very much appreciated by all.  The HAMS put in over 400 hours of volunteer service. There were over 700 riders.

        The following volunteers participated:

        K8WLK, Bill, Holland

        N8KAL, Kim, Georgetown

        K8JIM, Jim, Allendale

        W8TML, Tom, Rothbury

        KC8TKH Dick, Grand Rapids

        K8TVZ, Laryn, Holland

        K8MHZ, Mark, Muskegon

        N8CTT, Denny, Muskegon

        KC8KML, Fitz, Grand Haven

        NV8A, Alan, Zeeland

        KC8ZCO, Jon, Zeeland

        WB9JSR, John, Port Sheldon

        There were also 3 or 4 other hams from out of the area that helped out.  I did not catch their calls or names.

        A very good effort was put in by hams from at least 6 counties.

        73

        John WB9JSR