Hamgate status

  • George (Skip) VerDuin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      At the moment a Grand Haven hamgate seems stable - and is up when I'm not chatting.

      K8RRA offers a prototype hamgate on 145.070 much of the time.
      AX.25 packet with a digipeater on K8RRA, a BBS on K8RRA-1, are tested and wortking.
      The digi alias GHWEST is not reliable yet, we are troubleshooting the alias.
      Telnet services to Internet on K8RRA-1, and NET/ROM on K8RRA-2 are working.
      WB8I is the only neighbor found at the moment so net/rom is a bit hobbled however.

      At this time I'm looking for a 2-meter antenna in order to make the rig into 24/7 operation.
      My objective is to mount equipment at the base of my tower and top-mount the antenna.

      If anyone runs into trouble using this gate, please email me at k8rra@... with the news.

      73
      de Skip k8rra k