Dummy Load

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2013
      This dummy has lost track of the club in SW Michigan who generally sells small dummy loads.  A colleague wishes to purchase a small dummy load, capable of 100 watts or so for a few minutes, but he generally runs QRP, so small is the first consideration.

      Could someone tell me where to go to find details of these devices? I recall they were built into a small tin can a bit larger than a coffee cup.   The can could be filled with transformer oil to increase the dissipation rating, if one desired to do so.

      Please advise by private message.

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time
    • Jason Blakley
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2013
        You may be thinking of the MAARC Club here in Muskegon, W8ZHO. We have a small dummy load project that sounds like your description.  I'm going to forward this to Bill NA8M, he can hopefully point you in the right direction.

        --
        Jason
        _._   ..   ...._   ..._   .._   _ _ _

        Sent from my iPod

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2013
          Golly... the only outfit I know of that made dummy loads comprised of a
          can of oil... was... er... HEATHKIT. ;-)

          Not a club, but a legal organization nonetheless...

          Good luck finding what you are looking for.

          ---------- K8JHR ----------------------------

          On 10/22/2013 4:21 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:
          > This dummy has lost track of the club in SW Michigan who generally sells
          > small dummy loads.

          built into a small tin can a bit larger than a coffee
          > cup. The can could be filled with transformer oil

        • kc8pcj
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2013
            The Muskegon Club W8Zho sells dummy loads. they are in quart cans.

            Golly... the only outfit I know of that made dummy loads comprised of a
            can of oil... was... er... HEATHKIT. ;-)

            Not a club, but a legal organization nonetheless...

            Good luck finding what you are looking for.

            On 10/22/2013 4:21 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:

            > This dummy has lost track of the club in SW
            Michigan who generally sells
            > small dummy loads.

            built into a small tin can a bit larger than a coffee
            > cup. The can could be filled
            with transformer oil