Need a PC, FREE?

  • NA8M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
      I got the following from a ham friendly citizen of Grand Rapids. Mike is not an amateur radio operator. He is moving in a little while and he wants to GIVE you this computer. He would rather not drive to you. Contact him for more detail, picture, and to sked a swap of ownership.

      Here's the skinny and pic on the PC I want to give to a club or deserving young HAM operator or aspiring young kit basher like I was so long ago,...wish someone would have done this to me when I was a kid,..give me a swell PC for messing around with,..well, that's about it,..that's how I would like to present it,...a cool deal and a learning tool for young kids in the Amateur Radio hobby. I had offered to sell it on Craig's List, but no one seemed interested,..so I am giving it away to a worthy person or club,...I will leave that part up to you senior HAMS,...thanks, and email me or leave a voicemail msg if you locate someone here in GR who can take it from me.
      Thanks!
      Mike Peters, ripjack44@...
      Legacy PC Computer System (From DOS to WINXP) for Sale – Lot Sale All items bundled and sold as Complete Lot – Own a system that spans 20 years!
      1) Custom PC Case with Classic Motherboard (Iwill) that features: AMD Processor, Parallel Port, 2 Serial Ports, PC100 memory, AMI Bios, 3.5"
      Floppy Drive, 2 HP
      CD Writers, 52x CDROM and a DVDROM Player (included extras: Trident video card w/CD, RAM memory, assembly & case hardware, 2 Seagate 8Gb IDE Hard Drives and an extra 300 Watt Ultra ATX Pwr Supply) std heavy-duty IBM keyboard, standard Compaq mouse and pad. There are FIVE IDE Hard Drives inside that have full Versions of major Operating Systems from DOS to Windows XP Pro and contain very useful and entertaining DOS and Windows programs. The PC includes all the CD's and floppy disks needed for booting and general PC maintenance.

      2) HP vs15 TFT Flat Panel Monitor with Driver CD, built-in Speakers and cables

      3) Epson C88+ Color Printer with Installation CD and cables

      4) Gravis joystick included for the DOS and Win Flight Programs (B17, FS5, FS95)

      5) New never used Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router Kit – this model is the most powerful and the best one Linksys ever made Like to hack at the hardware level? This PC is an excellent platform for C Programming and microcontroller development. Own a one of kind system and show your kids what everyone used before the advent of the Internet and smart phones.
    • NA8M
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
        Stuff is gone