Slungshot

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013

      I have been informed by Scott KD8FXF that there is indeed a thing called a slungshot and that slingshots are still legal and OK to have in Michigan.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slungshot

      That sure is a new word for me.

      Sorry,  my error and thanks to Scott for his diligence.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
        Personally, I would not rely on this argument without consulting the
        vast body of appellate court decisions - where the scope and application
        of statutes get defined and applied to real life situations. I am not
        saying which is correct, but I would not be surprised if the statutory
        definition is extremely broad when applied by the Court.

        Not a legal opinion... just saying I would not rely solely upon the
        distinction in the Wikipedia article as controlling the construction of
        a Michigan statute.

        While it is an excellent point of logic, it may not be apposite to this
        particular statute. Only a thorough look into applicable appellate case
        decisions would settle it for me.

        But I like the way he thinks!

        Happy trails.