Green Energy Challenge

  • NA8M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013
      You!

      The Muskegon radio club issues a challenge to you: Employ green energy to do something useful for your amateur radio hobby.

      What . . . . ? You ask?

      It's easy: Take a nontraditional source of electrons and put those little guys to work making some aspect of your ham radio work. It doesn't have to work hard. And take notes. At the October club meeting we'll compare our successes.

      For example, maybe you have a creek in your back yard. Use the stream to generate power you store in a battery. Or maybe you have a solar panel that can run a qrp rig. Maybe you can make a wind generator that cranks out the energy at fifty miles an hour? Get crazy. Get bold. Get going!

      This will be fun. You've got two months to align your ducks. Get 'er done!