Re: [WestMichiganHams] Seattle PD uses HTs on 14.175MHz!? I don't think so.

  • Jason Blakley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16 7:39 AM
      Yeah, I noticed that too. As much as I like that show, they screwed that scene all up.

      First off, I don't think she had the PTT locked. It looked like she had it wedged between her leg and the car seat. How many times have we done that with a mic or an HT, lol. That being said, everything else was wrong. Those radios look like the 800 or 900 MHz trunked digital radios that they use around here, yet the swat team or search team (whichever) clearly said there's an open mic on 150 dot something. Then they are monitoring all of her transmissions on an HF rig. Lol.

      I do thank you for pointing out which rig it was though, I kinda liked the look of it. :-)

      Still love the show though.

      --
      Jason
      _._   ..   ...._   ..._   .._   _ _ _

      Sent from my iPod

      On Jul 16, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Alan Beagley <ajbeagley@...> wrote:

      This week's episode of "The Killing" on AMC (satellite and cable only)
      has Detective Sarah Linden driving her own personal car at the direction
      of a suspect who has lain in wait in the back seat of the car and has a
      gun on her. She gives up her gun and her cell phone but, when asked,
      says she does not have a radio. However, we see that she does have an
      HT, which we see permanently in Transmit (Is there an override for the PTT?)

      Then from time to time we see the team back at Police HQ listening to
      the whole conversation between Sarah and her captor on what looks like a
      Kenwood TS-830S (except that it has a plain VFO knob -- without a
      "spinner") on 14.175 USB! Underneath the TS830S can be seen the top inch
      or two of a TL-922 linear amp.

      The program gets repeated from time to time during the week and probably
      can be viewed online. The TS-830S first makes its appearance at around
      10 minutes into this episode.

      (The first two seasons of "The Killing" were a long-drawn-out
      Americanized version of an original award-winning Danish show. The Brits
      and Australians were fortunate enough to get the original with subtitles.)

      73

      Alan NV8A