Fox Hunt this Saturday in Hudsonville.

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2013
      Don't miss the Fox Hunt Saturday!
      Saturday, July 20th at 9:00 AM

      Announcing the come one, come all, "It's About Freaking Time" fox vixen hunt. Okay, if nobody else is going to step up and kick off hunting season, I guess I'll have to do it. So, on Saturday morning, July 20, have your antennas polished, your batteries charged and your tanks filled – and those are not euphemisms. Starting place will be the Family Fare parking lot (6480 28th Street in Hudsonville, crossroads of Port Sheldon & 28th). Be there, get your odometer reading recorded, and be ready to take off at 9:00am. You'll spend the next two hours wandering haplessly across the countryside, twirling around with your antennas, logging readings, checking maps, and playing with your protractors, trying to track me down.

      The boring details are that transmissions will be on 145.530 Mhz, with the backup frequency of 145.580 Mhz. The vixen will be hiding within ten crow flying miles of the starting point and will be using a foxbox, transmitting one minute on and two minutes off. I might even throw in some micro foxes and/or a geocache just to make things interesting. That info will be published later this week.

      If you have fox hunting equipment, bring a friend. If you don't have fox hunting gear, just show up and ride along with one of the so-called experts. Bring the family! (Families – bring something to occupy yourselves during the two hour car ride.) After the hunt, we'll meet up at a location to be divulged later for the post hunt brag and gag session.

      88,

      K8AJ

    • K8TB