Re: ICs that convert PWM to continuous voltage/current?

  • Paul E. Zellar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
      Joe, have you tried adding some capacitance to the optocoupler input?
      W8IQE
    • Joe Veldhuis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
        I tried a few caps (from 20 pF to 1 uF), but it didn't seem to help.

        -Joe, N8FQ

        On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:28:35 -0400
        "Paul E. Zellar" <paulzellar@...> wrote:

        > Joe, have you tried adding some capacitance to the optocoupler input?
        > W8IQE
      • Paul E. Zellar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
          Joe, what I am thinking is to filter the pulses to DC to control the LED brightness. A 'scope would be of great help so you can look at the opto's input. You may find a small resistance or even an inductance with the cap on the input side will help. I think you need to change the pulses to DC. If there is too much loss from the filtering you may need a transistor amplifier with the filter on its output.
          Lots of Luck!
          Paul, W8IQE