Re: [WestMichiganHams] N8SUB on Armed Forces Day

  • Al Pepping
    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2013
      If you figure 50 percent efficiency , two engines will create equivalent of 4.2 megawatts of power. BTUs required to produce that quantity of power equals out to rougly 56 gallons/hr of kerosene, no losses figured in. Rough guess it takes 100 gallons of kerosene per hour to keep both engines running at full output. . I dont think they will be running those engines for an extended period of time for the Memorial Day test..
      .. thats a lotta dead dinosaurs KV8X

    • ko8zed
      Message 2 of 16 , May 15, 2013
        Al they run them for about 5 minutes (lot's of smoke !)