Tulip Time Parade Communication, 2013...

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2013

      46 degrees and drizzle in May?  Has to be Michigan.

      I think the Saturday Parade has be the coldest one ever.

      But, we all have to pause and say a warm thank you to many people.

      Starting with our net control ops, please say thank you to Nick Roush,
      KD8JBG, who has never been net control, but stepped up to the plate for
      both Wednesday and Thursday and did an outstanding job.
      On Saturday, we were graced by Mr. Dispatcher himself, Dennis Harriss, N8CTT.

      Involved in the Wed, Thu and Saturday parades were the following:

      Allen Macaulay, WB0STV
      Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDT
      Jonathon Brockmeier, W8QPP
      Bob Hardin, KD8LZT
      Phil Van Huis, K8PVH
      Joe Veldhuis, N8FQ
      Ike DeWitt, K8EMU
      Gilbert Flores, KD8UHI
      Alek Kristola, KD8SLT
      Phil Malburg, KD8TEW
      Hank Dinklemann, K8HLD
      Fitz Fitzgerald, KC8KML
      Todd Boss W8YHF
      Tom Bannach, K8TWB
      Laryn Lohman, K8TVZ
      Gene Reed, KD8TEX
      Mike Mitchell, K9SKP
      Ross Gates, N8GMY
      Tom Caldwell, WD8BXP
      and then there was Jim Lamberts, KC8KE, running 1 Kw!

      And four great guys from the Hudsonville Emergency Services Team:
      Dave Dahl, KD8AZL
      Pete Dahl, KD8SVM
      Rob Vermeulen, KD8TFD
      Joe Hop, KC8OPG

      And let's not forget those two people running around on
      Red Cross Race Cart 1 & 2,
      Karen Strait, KD8DHJ and Doc Strait, AC8AL

      A huge apology if I left anyone off the list.

      Of note is that we had several "new" amateur radio operators who just
      received their licenses from the Holland ARC "Ham In A Day" class who
      volunteered their and warm blood to the parade.

      Thank you to all of you.

      We'll be talking in 51 weeks :)

      Tom Bosscher K8TB

      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2013
        Golly... THANKS TO YOU, TOM, FOR ORGANIZING AND SOLICITING ALL THOSE
        OTHER GUYS. WITHOUT THAT THEY WOULD HAVE NAVE TURNED OUT.

        CONGRATS TO ALL WHO SERVED, BUT YOU, TOO, TOM !!