Communications help for the Holland Tulip Time Parade, next Saturday, May 11

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      The Ottawa County area amateur radio operators are looking for a few
      good operators.

      The Tulip Time Parade is heavily staffed with Red Cross personal, with
      each medical team using an amateur radio operator as their communicator.

      There are three parades, two smaller ones on Wednesday and Thursday next
      week, and we have enough help for those. But the parade on Saturday, May
      11, needs a total of 25 communicators. We need a few more people to make
      that number.

      The pay is poor, OK, it doesn't exist. But the work is easy, and fun.
      You need just an HT, with good/spare batteries, operating on the Holland
      147.060 repeater, and we would need you there at 10 AM next Saturday
      morning. The parade is done by 4 pm.

      One item of note. The Tulip Time Parade Committee requires that all
      volunteers have a background check. If you have an ID card issued from
      your county emergency management department, this will suffice. If you
      are listed as a "credentialed" volunteer with the Red Cross, this will
      work. If you are not not background checked, the Ottawa County Red Cross
      has the use of the "MybackgroundCheck.com, where you can supply the
      information and be background checked in 24.5 hours. There is no cost
      for this. This easily done online in about 5 minutes.

      If you think you can help, please email be directly, and I can
      coordinate with you .

      Thank you

      Tom Bosscher K8TB

      Secretary, Holland ARC