Tulip Time Parade... cont'd

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 4:10 PM
      In ten days will we have the first of three Tulip Time Parades. We are
      still looking a few good amateur radio operators to help with the Red
      Cross Medical communications.

      Due to a requirement by the Tulip Time Committee, all volunteers must
      clear a background check. If you have a card of approval from your
      county's emergency manager, you are all set to go. This is good for
      Allegan, Kent, Muskegon and Ottawa counties.

      If you do not have card from your county emergency manager, you can
      still get a background check at no cost to you.

      To do so, go to www.mybackgroundcheck.com. Please look at the right hand
      side and towards the bottom of the front page, and you will see an
      "American Red Cross-Volunteers Click Here" button. Click on that. Then
      click on the black button labeled "Request a background check". Then
      click on Michigan on the map, then on the next page locate the "Ottawa
      County Chapter", and click on that. The click on the "Get Started" box,
      and follow the instructions from there. At no point should you be asked
      for a credit card number. When you are done, the results will be sent to
      the Ottawa County Red Cross within 36 hours.

      If you wish to help with the parade, please contact me directly. If you
      use the "My Background Check" system, please let me know when you have
      completed the online form.

      Thank you

      Tom Bosscher K8TB

      k8tb@...