Information on Lubbers Cup Regatta - Help still needed

  • Don Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013

      Hello Everyone ... This coming Saturday is the Lubbers Cup Regatta in Spring Lake and the Ferrysburg Spring Lake Police Department and City of Ferrysburg are asking for our assistance with parking and traffic direction for this event.
      The detail is controling traiffic on the single lane road in and out of the Spring Lake Yacht Club along with a Spring Lake Ferrysburg Officer and controling parking and rides at the water tower parking lot at Vanwagoner road and West Spring lake road.
      The estamated time of the event is from 6:00am to the end (est 3:00pm or before ) It would be nice to have enough volinteers to divided this event into shifts with hams that would come out inbetween that could help with breaks.
      If you can help this Saturday we will be leaveing the EOC in Spring Lake at 6:00am for morning assignments later volinteers are to come to the water tower parking lot for there assignments. We will be using semplex through a crossband radio and also monitering the 145.49 repeater.
      Please program into your handheld radio 147.520 semplex and if you have 440 445.025 semplex and the 145.49 repeater.
      Dress for the weather as this is an outdoor event. Please come out and help, let us know the times you can help by email John Fisher at jtlr.fischer@... Don Meyer at kb8odb@... or cell at 231-206-9270
      Information on the Regatta is at Lubbers Cup 2013

      Donald Meyer - KB8ODB

      Assistant Coordinator of volunteers of  North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club Working with Public Safety to make a safer community in the Ferrysburg, Grand Haven and Spring Lake Area

      e-mail:kb8odb@...