Webinar about CQ WPX Contest on the web

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013
      For the contesters, and wanna be contesters in Southwestern Michigan,
      the CQ WPX contest is an easy one in which to get one's feet wet.

      And, there's a good webinar concerning the CQ WPX by K5ZD, the outgoing
      CQ WPX manager, now on the web @

      http://wwrof.org/category/webinar-archive/
      <http://wwrof.org/category/webinar-archive/>

      If that get trauncated in transmission, try this tiny url:
      http://goo.gl/GgnZP

      Lots of info, somewhat pedantic, but worthwhile if you plan to be in
      either the Silly Side Band (this weekend) or the Corn Whiskey version
      (May 25/26) of this contest.

      I'll be operating with my usual "mighty" 5 watts, using WQ8RP, the
      Michigan QRP Club call, in the CW version on May 25/26. The call WQ8RP
      is such a tongue twister that, after trying it on one Silly Side Band
      contest, I took a vow NEVER to try it again on SSB. (but WQ8 has been a
      "unique" prefix in the past few WPX contests).

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013
        On 3/26/2013 4:53 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:

        The call WQ8RP
        > is such a tongue twister that, after trying it on one Silly Side Band
        > contest, I took a vow NEVER to try it again on SSB.

        Holy Cow, Hank.... you aint-a kidding!

        Good luck OM.