Only Four Weeks until the Michigan QSO Party (April 20)!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      I received a message today from the Ontario Folks about their Ontario
      QSO Party on April 20/21. This jogged the (lack of) grey matter
      between my ears, and reminded me that we have the Michigan QSO Party
      coming up on April 20, from 1600Z, until April 21, at 0359Z. That's
      noon to midnight Saturday, EDT on Saturday, April 20.

      I'd encourage any and all in Michgian who have a HF station to operate
      during this contact. If you have a club station, gather a bunch and
      operate as Multi-Operator, either single or Multi Station.

      I'm planning and annual QRP-Dxpedition to a "fairly rare" county which
      has a non-existent or no record for QRP fixed station operation.
      Looking around, I found that Ionia County is a nice choice, right next
      door to Kent County. I'll be operating a few miles south of Saranac
      with my "mighty five watts" on both SSB and CW. Please look for me,
      I'll be running with the QRP Amateur Radio Club International Club
      Station Call K6JSS/IONI.

      Please "talk up" MiQP at your next club meeting in April. Also, ask
      your fellow hams to join in the contest. Lettuce make MiQP 2013 the
      biggest and best ever!

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time