MARA Burger Night - Friday, March 22th

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
      Here's a great opportunity to chew on a burger and/or a fish sandwich
      and also "chew the fat" with some of your Ham Radio contemporaries in crime.

      Interactive map to "St Adalbert's Fraternal Aid", more often called the
      Fifth Street Hall is at
      http://goo.gl/maps/aNpvv

      Hope to see some of you there!

      Note, the announcement doesn't say, but I'll vouch for the fact that
      there IS a bar where one MAY (if so desired) purchase a "Brown 807" or
      other liquid refreshment for a nominal price. For those in the audience
      who do NOT know the daffynishun of "Brown 807" you have my sympathy.
      ==========================
      Forwarded from Jack AB8ND:
      ==========================
      Don't forget the MARA Built your own burger night Friday, 22 March, at
      the the 5th Street Hall at the corner of Davis and 5th street NW.

      5 PM to 8 PM

      $6.00 for burger or Fish sandwich, Crisps, Coleslaw, Coffee and Desert.

      The burgers are terrific, but the deserts are NOT to be missed, they are
      out of this world.

      Jack, AB8ND
    • n8xxham
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2013
        The burger night was a blast!  My wife and I were on our way to St. Andrews for a concert by the Grand Rapids Choir for Men and Boys. So, we stopped in for a burger and fixin's.  Nothing fancy, but the food was great, and W8MSK and his wife, and Jeannette and I had a nice chat about various things, including, but far from exclusively ham radio.  There were quite a few eating - a bunch of hams, but a bigger bunch of "regular customers" of 5th Street Hall, who just came for the food!

        I highly recommend this and hope that MARA publicizes their next event far and wide!

        72/73 de n8xx Hg
        QRP >99.44% of the tme