RE: [WestMichiganHams] Bike MS - Holland - June 8-9????

  • Steve Vanderhill
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013

      Thanks Denny!

      From: WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dennis Harriss
      Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:27 PM
      To: WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [WestMichiganHams] Bike MS - Holland - June 8-9????

      As soon as they start looking for hams this is where you signup.

      http://mibikemshams.org/

      Denny  N8CTT

      On 3/9/2013 14:57, Hank Greeb wrote:

      Sorta off topic, but I was contacted by someone who thinks I know him - asking for donations to a Bike-MS ride.

      That got me to investigating the Bike-MS rides here in Michigan.  I find that the one which starts in Holland, Michigan (used to be from Hope College campus) is scheduled for June 8-9, 2013.

      I'm not completely sure I can participate, nor do I know if the MS folks are asking hams to help with communications, since the organizers seem to have lost my e-mail address or else think that a crotchety old septuagenarian isn't qualified to help with ham radio communications.   But, if anyone on this list has any info on whether Ham Radio will be used to support this effort, please advise me, and tell me where to go to find who to contact to see if they need help.

      Tnx es 72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
        Hank - I have worked this two -day event and it can
        be a lot of work and a lot of fun - they were pretty
        good at actually using the radios - not like some events
        where hams have a radio, but do something else for
        it, like traffic control or course watching, while the radio
        sits in a sling or holster. It was a good time and was
        fairly radio active.

        Just my take.