Re: [WestMichiganHams] Any other skywarn programmes in the area?

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2013
      Hank,

      If you missed the Ottawa-Kent County Skywarn training on February 21, the Muskegon Skywarn group will be having a training session on Saturday, March 16, 2013 starting at 2:00 PM. Ottawa County  (and Kent County !) residents are welcomed.

      A PDF with details is here:

      http://mcecs.net/Download/SkywarnFlyer2013.pdf

      Tom Bosscher K8TB  Ottawa County Skywarn

      But wait, there's more....

      A huge thank you to Phil, K8PVH who found this on the NWS web site.

      The NWS does have a spotter training program online.

      The web presentation is a little crude. If you are using Internet Explorer, open up the magnifier on the lower right corner to 150% or so.

      http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dmx/presentations/spotter-training/NWS-Spotter-Training_files/v3_document.htm

      On 3/6/2013 11:56 AM, Hank Greeb wrote:

      I found myself double booked for the Kent/Ottawa county Skywarn training
      a weak or so ago. Is there another chance in, say, Ionia or one of the
      other adjacent counties?

      One year when Ottawa was separate from Kent County, I went over that a
      way and received my credentials.

      Please tell me where to go to find this information.

      Thanks ex 72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time