ARRLDX CW N8XX SOAB QRP

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      ARRL DX Contest, CW

      Call: N8XX
      Operator(s): N8XX
      Station: N8XX

      Class: SOAB QRP
      QTH: MI
      Operating Time (hrs): 6.8333

      160: 0 0
      80: 13 12
      40: 30 24
      20: 42 30
      15: 53 38
      10: 22 19
      -------------------
      Total: 160 123 Total Score = 59,040

      Club: Mad River Radio Club

      Comments:

      Part time - Fish Fry on Friday evening until 0230Z. Saturday a "New
      Hams" luncheon (Yep, I attend those even though I've been licensed for
      more than 1 year). Family activities on Sunday. And these olde bones
      need rest. Goal was 150 Q's but figured I'd have a few N1L's or other
      errors of my ways, so I found 10 others, including several extra
      multipliers!

      80 and 40 were surprises, with a cloud warmer antenna and a giant 5
      watts output I figured close to zilch for those two bands. 10 was a
      pleasant surprise! 15 a workhorse, and 20 its usual crowded conditions,
      wall to wall and treetop tall between 14000.5 and 14099.5 much of the time.

      Thanks to all who pulled out my pipsqueak signal amongst the QRM and
      ambient noise. As several of my colleagues are wont to say, "All the
      credit goes to the receiving station who has to copy the signal from the
      QRP Station." I'm very sure these folks use it as a "term of
      endearment" toward the person who chooses to run <5 watts.

      And thanks to the organizers @ ARRL HQ!
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
        Nice work, OM. Very busy weekend. You have
        done well to balance family, business, and radio.

        Happy days.