Re: [WestMichiganHams] Fw: Elmer NET tonifgt @8

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
      OK... THANKS for the uptake.

      Answer to Original Question =

      I can hit and hear your repeater from my home in Wyoming, MI. I can
      hear it clearly when it gives hits automatic ID report, and it beeps
      when I transmit my call sign. The repeater is fulls scale, although
      many of the hams I hear on it, are scratchy and weak, so I figure they
      are having difficulty reaching the repeater, but the repeater reaches me
      FB.

      It is a fairly good hike up there from here - about 35 miles (+/-).

      Hope that helps. Sorry I was a bit slow on the draw last night...

      ---------------------- James - K8JHR ----------------

      On 1/26/2013 9:38 AM, Mark wrote:

      > Sorry Jim,
      > Like Bill said, the '82 is one of our repeaters.

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
        Interesting.  When I get done snow blowing the driveway I may check it out.

        You may also be hearing the other '82.  I think it's in Benton Harbor.  In the summer tropo months sometimes we can bring up both repeaters at the same time from Muskegon.  Their repeater doesn't have a PL tone.  I have worked the other '82 from Muskegon from my vehicle.  Most of the time, that's not possible, of course.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
          I will have to try to reach that one, also. I am pretty sure I have
          yours on today... sounds like a meeting is going on, as guys are headed
          to one.