RE: [WestMichiganHams] Fw: Elmer NET tonifgt @8

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
      Sorry Jim,

      Like Bill said, the '82 is one of our repeaters.  It is located in Egelston Township, Muskegon County on Broton Rd. near White Rd.  PL 94.8 like most.

      I think most of our nets will be on that repeater due to losing the tower site for the MAARC club repeater, AKA the '94

      Other slang names for local repeaters, '49 in Grand Haven.  '06 in Holland.

      I am within walking distance of being able to actually see the '82 antenna.  I don't have any of my own antennas outside yet, but I can work the '82 with an HT.

      Cheers and 73

      Mark K8MHZ

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
        OK... THANKS for the uptake.

        Answer to Original Question =

        I can hit and hear your repeater from my home in Wyoming, MI. I can
        hear it clearly when it gives hits automatic ID report, and it beeps
        when I transmit my call sign. The repeater is fulls scale, although
        many of the hams I hear on it, are scratchy and weak, so I figure they
        are having difficulty reaching the repeater, but the repeater reaches me
        FB.

        It is a fairly good hike up there from here - about 35 miles (+/-).

        Hope that helps. Sorry I was a bit slow on the draw last night...

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
          Interesting.  When I get done snow blowing the driveway I may check it out.

          You may also be hearing the other '82.  I think it's in Benton Harbor.  In the summer tropo months sometimes we can bring up both repeaters at the same time from Muskegon.  Their repeater doesn't have a PL tone.  I have worked the other '82 from Muskegon from my vehicle.  Most of the time, that's not possible, of course.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
            I will have to try to reach that one, also. I am pretty sure I have
            yours on today... sounds like a meeting is going on, as guys are headed
            to one.