Re: [WestMichiganHams] Fw: Elmer NET tonifgt @8

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25 6:57 PM
      I am sorry... I am not sure what you mean here.
      Are you asking if I can hit one of the local repeaters?
      Sorry... rookie brain at work!

      I would be glad to try something if you think it would help.
      Just not sure what the '82 is. Duh.

      -------------------- James -K8JHR ----------------------

      On 1/25/2013 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:

      > Can you hit the '82 from your place, Jim?
      > I'm only a couple miles from the tower.
      > 73
      > Mark K8MHZ

    • NA8M
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26 4:30 AM
        The MCECS repeater in Muskegon, MI is often times referred to as "the '82" repeater. Its frequency is 146.82 with normal offset and mid west Michigan PL. It enjoys a wonderful footprint.

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Richards wrote:

        > I am sorry... I am not sure what you mean here.
        > Are you asking if I can hit one of the local repeaters?
        > Sorry... rookie brain at work!
        >
        > I would be glad to try something if you think it would help.
        > Just not sure what the '82 is. Duh.
        >

        > -------------------- James -K8JHR ----------------------
        >
        > On 1/25/2013 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:
        > >

        > > Can you hit the '82 from your place, Jim?
        > > I'm only a couple miles from the tower.
        > > 73
        > > Mark K8MHZ

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26 6:38 AM
          Sorry Jim,

          Like Bill said, the '82 is one of our repeaters.  It is located in Egelston Township, Muskegon County on Broton Rd. near White Rd.  PL 94.8 like most.

          I think most of our nets will be on that repeater due to losing the tower site for the MAARC club repeater, AKA the '94

          Other slang names for local repeaters, '49 in Grand Haven.  '06 in Holland.

          I am within walking distance of being able to actually see the '82 antenna.  I don't have any of my own antennas outside yet, but I can work the '82 with an HT.

          Cheers and 73

          Mark K8MHZ

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 26 8:06 AM
            OK... THANKS for the uptake.

            Answer to Original Question =

            I can hit and hear your repeater from my home in Wyoming, MI. I can
            hear it clearly when it gives hits automatic ID report, and it beeps
            when I transmit my call sign. The repeater is fulls scale, although
            many of the hams I hear on it, are scratchy and weak, so I figure they
            are having difficulty reaching the repeater, but the repeater reaches me
            FB.

            It is a fairly good hike up there from here - about 35 miles (+/-).

            Hope that helps. Sorry I was a bit slow on the draw last night...

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 26 9:09 AM
              Interesting.  When I get done snow blowing the driveway I may check it out.

              You may also be hearing the other '82.  I think it's in Benton Harbor.  In the summer tropo months sometimes we can bring up both repeaters at the same time from Muskegon.  Their repeater doesn't have a PL tone.  I have worked the other '82 from Muskegon from my vehicle.  Most of the time, that's not possible, of course.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 26 9:43 AM
                I will have to try to reach that one, also. I am pretty sure I have
                yours on today... sounds like a meeting is going on, as guys are headed
                to one.