RE: [WestMichiganHams] Fw: Elmer NET tonifgt @8

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
      Hello David,

      I was wondering if you could put the notice about the net on the reflector the day before.  You can still do it the same evening, too.

      Several times now, I got the notice about the net after it was over.

      I think you would have more participants if you gave a day's notice.

      Thanks and 73

      Mark K8MHZ

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
        On 1/25/2013 9:55 AM, Mark wrote:

        > I think you would have more participants if you gave a day's notice.

        __________________________________

        Or even more in advance...

        ----------------------- JHR ---------------------
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
          Can you hit the '82 from your place, Jim?

          I'm only a couple miles from the tower.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 25, 2013
            I am sorry... I am not sure what you mean here.
            Are you asking if I can hit one of the local repeaters?
            Sorry... rookie brain at work!

            I would be glad to try something if you think it would help.
            Just not sure what the '82 is. Duh.

            -------------------- James -K8JHR ----------------------

            On 1/25/2013 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:

            > Can you hit the '82 from your place, Jim?
            > I'm only a couple miles from the tower.
            > 73
            > Mark K8MHZ

          • NA8M
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
              The MCECS repeater in Muskegon, MI is often times referred to as "the '82" repeater. Its frequency is 146.82 with normal offset and mid west Michigan PL. It enjoys a wonderful footprint.

              --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Richards wrote:

              > I am sorry... I am not sure what you mean here.
              > Are you asking if I can hit one of the local repeaters?
              > Sorry... rookie brain at work!
              >
              > I would be glad to try something if you think it would help.
              > Just not sure what the '82 is. Duh.
              >

              > -------------------- James -K8JHR ----------------------
              >
              > On 1/25/2013 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:
              > >

              > > Can you hit the '82 from your place, Jim?
              > > I'm only a couple miles from the tower.
              > > 73
              > > Mark K8MHZ

            • Mark
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
                Sorry Jim,

                Like Bill said, the '82 is one of our repeaters.  It is located in Egelston Township, Muskegon County on Broton Rd. near White Rd.  PL 94.8 like most.

                I think most of our nets will be on that repeater due to losing the tower site for the MAARC club repeater, AKA the '94

                Other slang names for local repeaters, '49 in Grand Haven.  '06 in Holland.

                I am within walking distance of being able to actually see the '82 antenna.  I don't have any of my own antennas outside yet, but I can work the '82 with an HT.

                Cheers and 73

                Mark K8MHZ

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
                  OK... THANKS for the uptake.

                  Answer to Original Question =

                  I can hit and hear your repeater from my home in Wyoming, MI. I can
                  hear it clearly when it gives hits automatic ID report, and it beeps
                  when I transmit my call sign. The repeater is fulls scale, although
                  many of the hams I hear on it, are scratchy and weak, so I figure they
                  are having difficulty reaching the repeater, but the repeater reaches me
                  FB.

                  It is a fairly good hike up there from here - about 35 miles (+/-).

                  Hope that helps. Sorry I was a bit slow on the draw last night...

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
                    Interesting.  When I get done snow blowing the driveway I may check it out.

                    You may also be hearing the other '82.  I think it's in Benton Harbor.  In the summer tropo months sometimes we can bring up both repeaters at the same time from Muskegon.  Their repeater doesn't have a PL tone.  I have worked the other '82 from Muskegon from my vehicle.  Most of the time, that's not possible, of course.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 26, 2013
                      I will have to try to reach that one, also. I am pretty sure I have
                      yours on today... sounds like a meeting is going on, as guys are headed
                      to one.