Re: [WestMichiganHams] help with windows XP in Muskegon

  • Tom VanderMel
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2013
      I'm just missing a Internet Explorer file I believe so it probably would be in that desk. the doubt by be the 1 to try. I deleted a file by mistake

      Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

      What kind of computer do you have. I have an e machines disk and a Dell xp home edition disk. Gerry  KD8RFO. Also live in Muskegon, Mi

      I have a computer with a missing file that's running Windows XP home addition. does anybody have a Windows XP disk so I can reinstall it. all I have is a phone right now to get email. call me at 231 206 -0422 or email me at KB8VEE@...

      Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

    • kd8rfo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 12, 2013
        Which disk would you need.. The e machine recovery or just the Dell windows xp. Call me 231 683 1194

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 12, 2013

          Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

          kd8rfo <kd8rfo@...> wrote:

          Which disk would you need.. The e machine recovery or just the Dell windows xp. Call me 231 683 1194

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Tom VanderMel wrote:

          > I'm just missing a Internet Explorer file I believe so it probably would be in that desk. the doubt by be the 1 to try. I deleted a file by mistake
          >

          > Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G
          >
          > Gerald Place wrote:
          >
          > What kind of computer do you have. I have an e machines disk and a Dell xp home edition disk. Gerry  KD8RFO. Also live in Muskegon, Mi

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 13, 2013

            Tom,

            Do you know which file you deleted?

            Have you tried restoring back to a date before you deleted the file?

            Just out of curiosity, did you delete the file because you were trying to get rid of a virus?  I did that once and it was a real PITA to get all the stuff working again, but it did get rid of the virus!

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 13, 2013

                It sounds like the file(s) you need may not be on the XP disk.  You may need the drivers for the modem from the company that made the modem.  If you can get me the modem make and model, I will see if I can find drivers for it.