ARRL Has Opened VHF Contesting up for You

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hello and Happy New Year,

      Todd KC9BQA here. Still promoting the SSB/CW side of VHF/UHF after 5+ years. All is well and hope it's going fine with you, too.

      By now, I trust that those who are truly VHF-curious keep up via my blog. I update kc9bqa.com at least once/twice a week. All of you are welcome to visit.

      But with the exciting new changes to VHF/UHF Contesting, I had to stop by and let everyone in this group know what's going on. Those of you who have 100/50w rigs with all-mode capability on 6 meters, 2 meters and 70cm, you now have your own division. Those of you who are FM-only, yep, you now have your own division.

      Hams who have no idea what a V/U contest is all about will want to know about these changes. I hope you will share this info with your ham clubs and buddies.

      To keep this email short, I will refer you to posts at kc9bqa.com dated Jan 3rd and Jan 4th. The details are there. With the ARRL Jan VHF Contest happening on Jan 19-20th, the word needs to go out *now*.
      Use the Jan 3-4th posts at kc9bqa.com. The link to my series of articles called "VHF Contesting School" are also there.
      You are free to take the info at kc9bqa.com and share it with your ham clubs and buddies. Or shape it as you see fit. Main point is to get the word out.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee