Re: [WestMichiganHams] Two "End of the World" events next week.

  • Robert Bailey
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2012
    end of the world?...73,n8xlx

    --- On Sat, 12/15/12, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

    From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@...>
    Subject: [WestMichiganHams] Two "End of the World" events next week.
    To: westmichiganhams@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 2:45 PM

    How many folks know that the end of the world will be December 21, 2012 (At least some folks who studied a rock containing the Mayan Calendar have come to that conclusion.)

    You may have heard of NØD, a special event station to commemorate this event.  For details see http://www.nowzerodays.com/

    ================

    But, if you're interested in a light hearted event, in celebration of this same event, why not join a bunch of (at least semi) mad QRP ops for the annual Zombie Shuffle?  Why a 'Shuffle' you may ask?  Because, silly, QRP Zombies don't sprint!  As Paul NA5N says, "There is no point to the Zombie Shuffle whatsoever except to get on the air and have fun with fellow Zombies and QRPers".

    Details are at http://www.zianet.com/qrp/ZOMBIE/zombie.htm

    Time is from 5 p.m. local time to Midnight local time (or anything similar to that - shucks, this is a zombie event, and zombies are immortal, have little or no sense of time).   Call CQ BOO on or around QRP "watering hole" frequencies of 14.060, 7.040, 7.030, 7.106, 3.560, 3.710, or anything that works.

    Plus, this year and this year only, you can celebrate the end of the Mayan Calendar and possibly the End of the World as We Know It!!  You surely don't want to miss out on that, HA!

    Remember, this isn't a high-speed sweepstakes but a friendly little contest.  Please QRS for newcomers and us old skeletons alike :-).

    And, above all, have fun!

    HPE CU FRI, December 21.

    72/73 de n8xx Hg
    QRP >99.44% of the time

    P.S. I'll be one of several Mayan King's

  • Mark
    Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2012

      Hilarious!

      How about on the 20th we all party like there is going to be no tomorrow?