Re: QCWA Dinner meeting?

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2012
      I'm gonna try to make it to the QCWA meeting this coming Thursday. I sent a private message to WB8OQT asking him to tell me where to go to find the correct restaurant. Folks seem to like to tell me where to go, so I trust I'll get a responses.

      It's too bad someone from QCWA doesn't put these data on this hear reflector. Might stir up some more interest in this group of olde fogeys.

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
      QRP >99.44% of the time

      QCWA member 11543
      Licensed since December 1951
      Olde Enuf to know an olde fogey when I sees one

      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "NA8M" <bill_fries@...> wrote:

      > All your information sounds right. However, they have been moving the meeting from restaurant to restaurant and I've lost track. Please ask Bob, WB8OQT for the latest restaurant. He is easily approached through his email: res00lwt1@...
      >
      > The "old fogies" bring along their XYLs. It is a great time, enjoyed by all. You will meet a whole new group of friends! It's definitely worth the effort to get the right restaurant. Yes, you do have the correct date as the second Thursday each month.
      >
      > Bill, NA8M
    • NA8M
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
        QCWA Dinner Meeting this Wednesday, December 13. 5:00 pm. At Whitlow's, 4610 Airline Rd
        Muskegon, MI 49444
        (231) 739-6379

        They're a great bunch, if a little aged and fewer in number. Worth the trip to the restaurant nearby the Lakes Mall just south of Muskegon.

        Although Bob, WB8OQT "runs" the QCWA, his work out of town keeps him away from the meetings.

        Bill, NA8M
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
          Thanks, Bill.

          I was rather impressed with the "Olde Fogeys" around the Daytown Minivention who put on a dinner in conjunction with that event which didn't co$t and arm nor a leg and which generally had an excellent menu, and great speakers, and lots of eyeball QSO's.

          Have been meaning to attend one of the events here in Michigan, and I might just make it this Thursday.

          72/73 de n8xx Hg
          QRP >99.44% of the time

          1b. Re: QCWA Dinner meeting?
              Posted by: "NA8M" bill_fries@... bill_fries_jr
              Date: Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:27 am ((PST))

          QCWA Dinner Meeting this Wednesday, December 13.  5:00 pm.  At Whitlow's,  4610 Airline Rd
          Muskegon, MI 49444
          (231) 739-6379

          They're a great bunch, if a little aged and fewer in number.  Worth the trip to the restaurant nearby the Lakes Mall just south of Muskegon.

          Although Bob, WB8OQT "runs" the QCWA, his work out of town keeps him away from the meetings.

          Bill, NA8M

          Messages in this topic (4)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Digest Email  | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              WestMichiganHams-normal@yahoogroups.com
              WestMichiganHams-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Gerald Place

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
              RSVP? None requested nor required. Just show up. There's plenty of "room at the inn," er, restaurant. They're a great group of guys.