ARRL Michigan Clubs PRB-1 Alert

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2012
      From: *ARRL Members Only Web site* <memberlist@...
      <mailto:memberlist@...>>
      Date: Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
      Subject: PRB-1 Alert
      To: hsbicknell@... <mailto:hsbicknell@...>

      Greetings to all Michigan Hams December 8, 2012

      This is a special email alert for all Michigan hams concerning our
      ongoing PRB-1 effort in Michigan.

      I have good news to report in that after a Senate Hearing on December 5,
      based on a 3 – 0 vote, SB1244 was passed and is moving onto the Senate
      Floor. This means that on December 11, our bill may be voted on by the
      Senate. If we are successful there, the bill will move to the House, and
      if successful there as well, it could end up on the Governors’ desk for
      his signature.

      I am asking each Michigan ham to act now and visit
      http://www.miarrlprb1.org/ which is our PRB-1 website and click on the
      “Update Alert” tab to read the notes from Wednesday’s Senate Committee
      Hearing. Please download the “sample” letter available by clicking on
      the “What Can I Do?” tab. Simply fill in your senator’s name, add your
      name and address at the bottom and email to your senator. There is no
      need to add anything to the letter.

      You can find your senator’s email address by clicking on the “Find Your
      Senator” tab. Some senators have a direct email listed, others may have
      a form email where you may have to cut and paste your letter into their
      form. Please send a copy to wb8r@... <mailto:wb8r@...> so we
      can see how
      much of the “market” we are covering and we can send a copy to any
      senators who do not get a letter from a constituent. For those that use
      an email form, please send a note directly to me at wb8r@...
      <mailto:wb8r@...>telling me which senator you sent the letter to
      and that you used an
      email form.

      There is a possibility that our bill may time out if it is not possible
      to get the process completed by the end of the legislative session. Not
      to worry. We will start all over again in January and already have our
      primary sponsor lined up. We have some good support in the Senate and we
      feel that we are in good shape.

      Thank you in advance for your fine assistance. This is an important
      issue and we need to blanket the Senate with our letters.

      73,

      Larry, WB8R
      Michigan Section Manager