Upcoming meeting for Skywarn on November 26th

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012

      November 6, 2012

      Greetings current and future Skywarn volunteers,

      On Monday November 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM we will hold a meeting for all Skywarn volunteers who wish to establish a deeper involvement with the Ottawa County Skywarn team.

      This meeting is not for those individuals who wish to remain members of the Skywarn Spotter Network only. We will provide information  in early 2013 for our Skywarn Spotters regarding changes and updates.

      The November 26, 2012 meeting is specifically for those individuals who would like to receive additional training and credentialing to allow direct involvement with the Ottawa County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) Emergency Operations Center, County OEM Net Control operations, and cooperative functions with Ottawa County Central Dispatch.

      If you are interested in this level of Skywarn involvement, please mark your calendars for this important meeting. The meeting will take place at the County Filmore Complex at 12220 Filmore Street, West Olive, Michigan.

      Please contact me if you are interested in the content of this meeting, but are unable to attend due to work, family, or other matters. Please be advised: if you do not attend this meeting and do not contact me in advance, you will not be considered for the above training and credentialing opportunities. You will, however, have the option of volunteering in our Skywarn Spotter Network.

      If you have any questions, please contact me.

      Yours in mutual service,

      Jim Simmons, Ottawa County OEM

      Volunteer Coordinator

      mjamessimmons@...