New Ham Orientation

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
      What: New Ham Orientation
      Where: Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council Clubhouse
      2888 Scenic Drive (between Muskegon and Whitehall)
      When: Tuesday August 14 at 7pm

      Discussion of the most asked questions by new hams about radios, antennas, operating procedures, where to buy, etc.

      Everyone welcome.

      Tom, K8EOD

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
        Date and time of the Muskegon Club fox hunt for August 2012 ??

        Thanks, OM

        ====================== JHR ====================
      • David Thill
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
          the date is 8/26/12 @ 3:00pm @ The MAARC club house 2888 scenic drive

          Dave Thill
          KD8OCZ

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
            THANKS FOR SUCH A PROMPT REPLY !!!

            SEE YA AT THE HUNT.

            --------------------- JHR -----------------------

            On 8/13/2012 11:29 PM, David Thill wrote:

            > Date and time of the Muskegon Club fox hunt for August 2012 ??

            > ====================== JHR ====================

            --.
          • David Thill
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
              Operation Care for Labor Day ia AUG 31st SEPT 1st and 2nd @ the Fruitport Rest stop

              so far I Have:

              Friday set up: Jim KC8PCJ and Barb K9BLG

              Friday 6an to 12n Jim KC8PCJ and Barb K9BlG

              Friday 12n to 6pm Denny N8CTT and Jerome K8CCJ

              Friday 6pm to 12m Clark K8BP  and Betty Cooper

              Saturday 12m to 6am _________ and ________

              Saturday 6am to 12n _________ and ________

              Saturday 12n to 6pm John KD8YL and Jim KD8DLQ

              Saturday 6pm to 12m _________ and _________

              Sunday 12m to 6am   _________ and _________

              Sunday 6am to 12n   _________ and _________

              Sunday 12n tear down Jim KD8DLQ and ________

              As you can see there are a few one spots open. Pleas help me fill in these open spots.

              Please reply to this post, email kd8ocz@... or call 321-343-9023.

              Dave Thill
              KD8OCZ
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 26, 2012
                Operation Care for Labor Day ia AUG 31st SEPT 1st and 2nd

                As now today I still have a few spots open
                Lets get these spots filled thank you.

                so far I Have:

                Friday set up: Jim KC8PCJ and Barb K9BLG

                Friday 6an to 12n Jim KC8PCJ and Barb K9BlG

                Friday 12n to 6pm Denny N8CTT and Jerome K8CCJ

                Friday 6pm to 12m Clark K8BP and Betty Cooper

                Saturday 12m to 6am __________ and ________

                Saturday 6am to 12n Terry KD8KGO and ________

                Saturday 12n to 6pm John KD8YL and Jim KD8DLQ

                Saturday 6pm to 12m Adventure crew

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
                  Saturday
                  Sept 15
                  2pm
                  MAARC Clubhouse
                  2888 Scenic Drive

                  Tom Porritt
                  Sent from my iPod
                • Tom Porritt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 24 11:57 AM
                    All,
                    What: New Ham Orientation and open shack
                    Where: Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council Clubhouse and radio station, 2888 Scenic Drive (about 1/2 mile north of River Road)
                    Date: Saturday April 27, 2013
                    Time: 2PM for 2 to 3 hours, as long as there is interest

                    This is part of the MAARC summer series of workshops, seminars, and presentations. Learn about who's who and what's what. Talk about resources, HF, VHF, Contesting, Mobile installations, etc., etc.   All of the questions new hams have.

                    An invitation is out for anyone who would like to help out, contribute, answer questions, and help in the shack. Hope to see everyone there.

                    Tom, K8EOD