Hopeing ARES of Ottawa County Works

  • Don Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      Hello Everyone … I was at a meeting on OCEC at the Ottawa County Sheriffs department were we informed that OCEC has been eliminated and was asked what I was working on with ARES in Ottawa County, which I informed them I was working on making sure the name of Ottawa County Amateur Radio Emergency Service was clear in that we could use that. From an email I received today I have found out that the Sheriffs Department took a name for there excusive amateurs (there’s OCARA and are’s would have been OCARES) that is very close to this which would further confuse things so I am working on making sure that Amateur Radio Emergency Services of Ottawa County is not used and this would make it so there was no confusion between hams working under the Sheriffs Department and the organization of hams working under the ARRL. ARESOOC is an organization for all hams that want to make there talents and equipment available for volunteer use in Ottawa County. OCEC was not a ARES program so there is no obligation for your record to be forwarded to the ARESOOC like there is with an ARES organization how ever they are your records and I will provide you with a form letter you can send to the Ottawa County Sheriffs department to request your training records which we were told they were keeping track of. I will need you to fill out an ARES form which I will have copys of or you can go to the ARRL side and print out a copy to fill out.
      This link explains what Amateur Radio Emergency Services is about and what we need to get back too...

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Emergency_Service

      Donald Meyer - KB8ODB

      Assistant Coordinator of volunteers of  North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club Working with Public Safety to make a safer community in the Ferrysburg, Grand Haven and Spring Lake Area

      EOC Assistant Amateur Radio in Ottawa County

      e-mail:kb8odb@...