RE: [WestMichiganHams]

  • Robert Bailey
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
      hi mark,,no,it's not a vanity,,it's my original,i brought it up from tech plus all the way to extra,,tech +,gen,adv,to extra,the old way..does have a fantastic rhythm to it.

      From: Mark <k8mhz@...>
      To: WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, braarc@yahoogroups.com, bill_fries@..., kb8vee@..., hershey@..., customer.service@..., n8xx@..., ve3sqb@..., ve3sqb@...
      Date: Monday, August 6, 2012, 9:21 AM

      I am going to delete this member from the WestMichiganHams group

      If anyone disagrees with my action, please feel free to contact me about it.

      Mark K8MHZ

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012

        Cool!  Hardly any 1x3's are not vanity calls.  Please forgive my presumptuousness.  I did XLX in my head and it reminded me of the old hit and miss motors they used to use to power water pumps.  Don't take that in a bad way, I think they are cool and very unique and simple technology.

        PS   I think MHZ sounds like a song when you run the letters together.  And yeah, it's a vanity call, but really, how could I resist????  Besides being a ham I am a licensed electrician.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
          No problem Mark,I've even been called xlax in the past.I almost went with a vanity once,when they first opened it up.K8RLB,my initials.Then I saw 3 hams arguing over who would get N8XLX first as a vanity..so I decided since it has a good rythm and easy for overseas contacts to remember,I'd just keep it.
          I do have a question,what is the protocal for selling radios and test equiptment on the site?
          I used to repair radios and most electronics.Then it slowed down.So I went into building,programming,and repairing computers.That slowed a lot towards the end of last year,so Jan 1 I decided to retire..Now I have some equptment to sell.Like a couple of radios,2m,dualband 2m,440 hand held,440 handheld,wt meters,swr meters,oscilliscope and so on..can I post them on the site?
[...]

            Sure, no problem with selling radio stuff here.

            There are about 140 hams on the member list.

            I think the club lists allow it too, but I can only speak for this one.