  • KD8CBJ@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
        I am going to delete this member from the WestMichiganHams group

        If anyone disagrees with my action, please feel free to contact me about it.

        Mark K8MHZ

          morning mark,,I own vanburencountybuyselltrade,a site in yahoo groups.all the incomming messages have to be approved by myself or my moderator.if it's not approved by her or I,it does'nt go thru to the group.we've seen this same CRAP come in my site.Twice it came in and we rejected it,then deleted the member so it would stop.I have absolutlly no objections to the deletion.Have a Good Day and "73" Bob,n8xlx

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012

            Thanks Bob,

            I think this is a virus that the sender, Paul, doesn't even know about.  I tried to find his TX to no avail.  I think he may have moved.  If Paul gets in touch with me I would have no problem helping him out and getting him back on the site.

            Oh, and did you pick  your call for CW?   :)

            morning mark,,I own vanburencountybuyselltrade,a site in yahoo groups.all the incomming messages have to be approved by myself or my moderator.if it's not approved by her or I,it does'nt go thru to the group.we've seen this same CRAP come in my site.Twice it came in and we rejected it,then deleted the member so it would stop.I have absolutlly no objections to the deletion.Have a Good Day and "73" Bob,n8xlx

            I am going to delete this member from the WestMichiganHams group

            If anyone disagrees with my action, please feel free to contact me about it.

            Mark K8MHZ

              hi mark,,no,it's not a vanity,,it's my original,i brought it up from tech plus all the way to extra,,tech +,gen,adv,to extra,the old way..does have a fantastic rhythm to it.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012

                Cool!  Hardly any 1x3's are not vanity calls.  Please forgive my presumptuousness.  I did XLX in my head and it reminded me of the old hit and miss motors they used to use to power water pumps.  Don't take that in a bad way, I think they are cool and very unique and simple technology.

                PS   I think MHZ sounds like a song when you run the letters together.  And yeah, it's a vanity call, but really, how could I resist????  Besides being a ham I am a licensed electrician.

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
                  No problem Mark,I've even been called xlax in the past.I almost went with a vanity once,when they first opened it up.K8RLB,my initials.Then I saw 3 hams arguing over who would get N8XLX first as a vanity..so I decided since it has a good rythm and easy for overseas contacts to remember,I'd just keep it.
                  I do have a question,what is the protocal for selling radios and test equiptment on the site?
                  I used to repair radios and most electronics.Then it slowed down.So I went into building,programming,and repairing computers.That slowed a lot towards the end of last year,so Jan 1 I decided to retire..Now I have some equptment to sell.Like a couple of radios,2m,dualband 2m,440 hand held,440 handheld,wt meters,swr meters,oscilliscope and so on..can I post them on the site?
[...]

                    Sure, no problem with selling radio stuff here.

                    There are about 140 hams on the member list.

                    I think the club lists allow it too, but I can only speak for this one.