Park in the QRP in Holland?

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 12:07 PM
      Did anyone attend the Park in the QRP in Holland Saturday? I was busy
      with a church event until mid afternoon, and then jumped into the IARU
      Championship contest.

      Comments will be appreciated.

      Reminder, the Flight of the Bumblebees is running on Sunday, 29 July
      2012, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight time (1700Z to 2100Z.)
      See http://www.arsqrp.blogspot.com/
      for details - scroll down the page quite a bit, this page uses an
      "interesting convention" that the "latest info" is near the bottom of
      the page rather that the top.

      I'm proposing a gaggle of would be QRPers to venture to Fisk Knob
      County Park on Algoma Avenue, Solon Township, web site
      http://www.accesskent.com/CultureLeisureAndTransit/Parks/fiskknob.htm
      Don't be concerned about the statement on the web site that the "park is
      closed year round." This means that the gate to the park is closed.
      There's a "reasonable size" parking lot, and it's only a few hundred
      feet to the tippy top of the park.

      Please note that there is scant shade (only one tree), only one picnic
      table (NOT int he shade), so bring along something to provide shade.
      Also, there's no "facility" - nearest restroom is a couple miles away.

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
    • K8TB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16 5:44 PM
        Hank,

            There is a simple picture essay on the Holland ARC website:

        http://www.hollandarc.org/?p=2514

            There were 7 station set up!

                    73 de tom K8TB

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17 10:50 AM
          Thanks, Tom:

          I believe in publicity - especially for the "special interest groups"
          within a club/area/section/et. nausea

          I'll put a copy of your message in several other local reflectors, and
          see if we can get a link to the excellent writeup on some other ham
          radio web sites in the area.

          72/73 de n8xx Hg
          QRP >99.44% of the time