OT: The Hamvention of Fireworks in LaPorte - Public Show, Friday, August 17th

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2012

      The fireworks industry & fireworks enthusiasts participate in the convention.

      On Friday night, the last night of the convention there is an amazing public fireworks show which unlike anything you've ever seen before.
      The show starts with the Super String which is several million firecrackers fused together and lit at one time.
      Then the ground & aerial shows start and last from 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

      The convention is held in a different city every year and this year will be in LaPorte, IN for the first time at the LaPorte County Fairgrounds.

      The public show will be held on Friday evening, August 17th.

      Seating usually sells out so I encourage you to buy your tickets well in advance.
      You can buy tickets at:
      http://www.michigancitylaporte.com/events/special-events/pgi

      I've been to the Friday night public show at this convention several times and will be attending again this year.

      Look forward to seeing some of you at the show. I'll be listening to 146.52 FM simplex.

      73, Mark, WB9QZB
      Mobile: 847.867.2774