DX IS! Edition II

  • NA8M
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
      All:

      The final version of DX IS! will be at the clubhouse on July 11 starting at around five o'clock. Remember we are sharing a pizza from Spanky's Pizza in Fremont.

      What's up, you ask? We will do some simple Internet exploration of DX related sites. It will not be extensive as the clubhouse doesn't have real great Internet access.

      And we will explore the King of DX band, Twenty-Meters. We will wander around the band, learn where to find DX, how to work a station split, how quick a DX QSO can be, and we will even snare elusive and exotic DX.

      This will be a "hands on" session where we will all have the chance to learn and participate.

      Join us at the MAARC's clubhouse!

      73 es DX de NA8M
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
        Bill:

        Carest thou to share an address and/or GPS coordinates of your club house?

        I think I have a conflict, but perhaps there are others who might like
        to know about DXing, etc., but who do not know the location of MAARC's
        clubhouse.

        72/73 de n8xx Hg

        On 7/3/2012 1:12 PM, "NA8M" bill_fries@... wrote:
        > 1a. DX IS! Edition II
        > Posted by: "NA8M" bill_fries@... bill_fries_jr
        > Date: Tue Jul 3, 2012 4:40 am ((PDT))
        >
        > All:
        >
        > The final version of DX IS! will be at the clubhouse on July 11 starting at around five o'clock. Remember we are sharing a pizza from Spanky's Pizza in Fremont.
        >
        > What's up, you ask? We will do some simple Internet exploration of DX related sites. It will not be extensive as the clubhouse doesn't have real great Internet access.
        >
        > And we will explore the King of DX band, Twenty-Meters. We will wander around the band, learn where to find DX, how to work a station split, how quick a DX QSO can be, and we will even snare elusive and exotic DX.
        >
        > This will be a "hands on" session where we will all have the chance to learn and participate.
        >
        > Join us at the MAARC's clubhouse!
        >
        > 73 es DX de NA8M
      • NA8M
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
          You haven't visited the BEST clubhouse in Michigan?! Well, we should remedy this condition. Set your course for:

          2888 Scenic Drive in Muskegon, MI

          We're 0.8 mile north of River. Look for the clubhouse's sign covered in reflectors. It's on the right. If you find a "red rooster" you missed it. After a brief refreshing beverage return south and try again. The driveway is a two track. The clubhouse is awesome, log construction, awesome, quaint, awesome, heavily endowed with antenna assets, awesome, and worth the effort.

          I hope you have no conflict!

          Bill, NA8M