QCWA Dinner meeting?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21 1:57 PM
      I see from the W8ZHO web site that QCWA dinner meetings are:

      QCWA Dinner
      6:00pm 2nd Thursday of Every Month
      (Best to be there at 5:30!)
      Alleyways Restaurant
      2675 Henry St
      Muskegon

      I'm a life member of QCWA, and, if my membership in the "Procrastinators of America" doesn't get in the way, I'd like to meet some fellow Olde Fogeys from around here before I croak.

      Would someone please advise if the above info is correct?  That would put the next meeting on July 12.

      Thanks.

      73 de n8xx Hg
      QCWA member # 11543
      Not completely "over the hill" yet.
    • NA8M
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 22 9:43 AM
        All your information sounds right. However, they have been moving the meeting from restaurant to restaurant and I've lost track. Please ask Bob, WB8OQT for the latest restaurant. He is easily approached through his email: res00lwt1@...

        The "old fogies" bring along their XYLs. It is a great time, enjoyed by all. You will meet a whole new group of friends! It's definitely worth the effort to get the right restaurant. Yes, you do have the correct date as the second Thursday each month.

        Bill, NA8M

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

        > I see from the W8ZHO web site that QCWA dinner meetings are:
        >
        > /QCWA Dinner /
        > 6:00pm 2nd Thursday of Every Month
        > (Best to be there at 5:30!)
        > Alleyways Restaurant
        > 2675 Henry St
        > Muskegon
        >
        > I'm a life member of QCWA, and, if my membership in the "Procrastinators
        > of America" doesn't get in the way, I'd like to meet some fellow Olde
        > Fogeys from around here before I croak.
        >
        > Would someone please advise if the above info is correct? That would
        > put the next meeting on July 12.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > 73 de n8xx Hg
        > QCWA member # 11543
        > Not completely "over the hill" yet.

      • n8xxham
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2012
          I'm gonna try to make it to the QCWA meeting this coming Thursday. I sent a private message to WB8OQT asking him to tell me where to go to find the correct restaurant. Folks seem to like to tell me where to go, so I trust I'll get a responses.

          It's too bad someone from QCWA doesn't put these data on this hear reflector. Might stir up some more interest in this group of olde fogeys.

          72/73 de n8xx Hg
          QRP >99.44% of the time

          QCWA member 11543
          Licensed since December 1951
          Olde Enuf to know an olde fogey when I sees one

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "NA8M" <bill_fries@...> wrote:

          > All your information sounds right. However, they have been moving the meeting from restaurant to restaurant and I've lost track. Please ask Bob, WB8OQT for the latest restaurant. He is easily approached through his email: res00lwt1@...
          >
          > The "old fogies" bring along their XYLs. It is a great time, enjoyed by all. You will meet a whole new group of friends! It's definitely worth the effort to get the right restaurant. Yes, you do have the correct date as the second Thursday each month.
          >
          > Bill, NA8M
        • NA8M
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
            QCWA Dinner Meeting this Wednesday, December 13. 5:00 pm. At Whitlow's, 4610 Airline Rd
            Muskegon, MI 49444
            (231) 739-6379

            They're a great bunch, if a little aged and fewer in number. Worth the trip to the restaurant nearby the Lakes Mall just south of Muskegon.

            Although Bob, WB8OQT "runs" the QCWA, his work out of town keeps him away from the meetings.

            Bill, NA8M
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
              Thanks, Bill.

              I was rather impressed with the "Olde Fogeys" around the Daytown Minivention who put on a dinner in conjunction with that event which didn't co$t and arm nor a leg and which generally had an excellent menu, and great speakers, and lots of eyeball QSO's.

              Have been meaning to attend one of the events here in Michigan, and I might just make it this Thursday.

              72/73 de n8xx Hg
              QRP >99.44% of the time

              1b. Re: QCWA Dinner meeting?
                  Posted by: "NA8M" bill_fries@... bill_fries_jr
                  Date: Sun Dec 9, 2012 8:27 am ((PST))

              QCWA Dinner Meeting this Wednesday, December 13.  5:00 pm.  At Whitlow's,  4610 Airline Rd
              Muskegon, MI 49444
              (231) 739-6379

              They're a great bunch, if a little aged and fewer in number.  Worth the trip to the restaurant nearby the Lakes Mall just south of Muskegon.

              Although Bob, WB8OQT "runs" the QCWA, his work out of town keeps him away from the meetings.

              Bill, NA8M

              Messages in this topic (4)

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Digest Email  | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  WestMichiganHams-normal@yahoogroups.com
                  WestMichiganHams-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Gerald Place

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
                  RSVP? None requested nor required. Just show up. There's plenty of "room at the inn," er, restaurant. They're a great group of guys.