Amateur Radio Continuing Education - Muskegon this week

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
      Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Continuing Education this week

      Monday, June 11, 7PM Muskegon Community College Stevenson Center, Rm 1100 - Weather Radar signatures and interpretation with Jeff, W8SWX

      Wednesday, June 13, 5PM, Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Clubhouse, 2888 Scenic Drive, DX Is! with Bill, NA8M
      This second installment introduction to DXing will feature all things QSL, LoTW, the Buro, your QSL card, wallpaper, and other tantalizing topics. We will also get on the air and employ the clubhouse shack to chase and log DX.
      There will be pizza from the world famous Spanky's in Fremont. A free will offering will be asked to cover the cost of pizza.
      The third edition of this "course" will run the second Wednesday in July and may be held at the shack of NA8M in Fremont.
      You are encouraged to attend, participate, bring your questions, and learn how to earn your DXCC.

      Saturday, June 16, 9am to noon, Muskegon EOC 1611 E Oak Ave (note change of location), Test Equipment Safety and Use, with Mark, K8MHZ
      Goal  - Familiarize students with the safety, operation and application of basic electrical test equipment and expose them to test equipment that may not be considered basic, but interesting nonetheless. Including the antenna analyzer.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
        Wow... nice to see a ham radio club doing ham stuff. Great !

        ===================== K8JHR =======================

        On 6/11/2012 4:07 PM, Tom Porritt wrote:

        > Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Continuing Education this week

        ./
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
          So, can I equate that to a reasonable expectation of your presence on Saturday?

          Actually, I want to show you a thing or two.  Or three. Hopefully at least one you have never seen before.

          Seriously.  I would like to see you there.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 18, 2012
            Gee... sorry, Mark. I spent the weekend attending a couple of special
            auto shows in the Detroit area, as a special guest of my friend who is
            an design engineer at Chrysler Corp. A rare opportunity, I could not
            turn it down. Sorry !

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 18, 2012
              We are having another one in July.

              Stay tuned to this reflector for details.