Weather Twitter

  • pobox740
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2012
      Dose anyone know the twitter acct for reporting weather to the NWS on twitter?
      TNX
      kb8afs
    • Tim Deater
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
      Attached is the twitter slide from the spotter training this year.

      Tim
      KC8MSE

      (If it does not attached, #wmiwx and #miwx)

      On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM, pobox740 <pobox740@...> wrote:

      Dose anyone know the twitter acct for reporting weather to the NWS on twitter?
      TNX
      kb8afs

    • Christopher Schulte
      Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
        On 4/29/2012 8:40 AM, Tim Deater wrote:

        Attached is the twitter slide from the spotter training this year.

        Tim
        KC8MSE

        (If it does not attached, #wmiwx and #miwx)

        On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM, pobox740 <pobox740@...> wrote:

        Dose anyone know the twitter acct for reporting weather to the NWS on twitter?
        TNX
        kb8afs

        That does not personally work for me, I am totally blind and power point slides do not read in my speech software.  Could someone send the text address for instance, my twitter user name is @w8cjs, could someone send the username instead of the slide?  I personally probably won't report to the NWS, but I would like to follow the feed, just because I might be able to get information from it.
        73,
        Chris, w8cjs
      • Tim Deater
        Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012

          The National Weather Service watches for tags #wmiwx and #miwx.  I do not think they post tweets.  Unfortunatly I do not use Twitter, so I am not exactly sure what those tags can do for someone.

          73
          Tim
          KC8MSE

          On Apr 29, 2012 9:54 AM, "Christopher Schulte" <w8cjs@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Thomas Reed
          Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
            Very cool , another way to report. ;)
            W8WXM
            Thomas " Randy " Reed

            Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
              Muskegon Skywarn has been on Twitter for about 5 years now.

              73,
              Mark Strait de KD8BIG