International PI/Einstein Celebration starts this evening

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2012
      Yep, it's 3/14/2012, and that's a good reason to celebrate PI
      (3.14159xxxxxxxxxxx) which is the ratio of the circumference to the
      diameter of a circle. It is also the birthday of Albert Einstein.

      Two good reasons to get on the air. Wallpaper collectors, please note
      QSL information at

      http://www.lakeeffectarc.info/Event-PiEinsteinDay/PiDay.htm

      At least four of us, WA8REI, KC8ULE, N8XX and KA5S will be sharing the
      honors with various times and frequencies noted on the above web site.

      WA8REI, N8XX, and KA5S will be operating CW, 31.4 KHz (± QRM) above the
      lower end of the CW band, on 3.5 thru 28.0 MHz bands. We will spot
      ourselves on QRPSPots. Some of the operating times and frequencies are
      noted on the above site, but we'll randomly choose other bands and times.

      Note - N8XX/KD8DKU will also fire up on 145.27 Mhz FM and the W8HVG
      linked repeater system every so often, so look for KD8DKU there!

      Come one, come all, and join the fracas! We'll try to contain our
      enthusiasm for the event.

      72/73.14159...... de n8xx Hg