Recommended_Practices_for_60_Meters - Version 6_4.PDF (application/PDF Object)

  • Al Pepping
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      Have had a couple queries about the new changes to the 60 meter band that went into effect March 1, 2012.  This is the link to the ARRL information pages on "what' new".   And there are some new operating modes we can use..   Just as a casual precaution , when using the 60 meter band, remember we are on a secondary allocation basis, meaning we are allowed to use these frequencies provided we cause no interference with ANY other service.   If requested, we are to cease transmitting immediately.    These are not "ham band" only frequencies   Abuse them and we will lose them.    Also keep an ear out for information forthcoming on progress allowing amateur operation in the "land down under" below 200 meters, or below 500 kHz.   Happy hunting.!!!!!!..   Who will be the first to come out with a rock bound CW QRP transceiver for this band????       KV8X