Operating site from Montcalm county?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      If anyone from Montcalm County Michigan reads this, I've been scouting
      some parks near Kent County but within Montcalm from which to operate
      during the upcoming Michigan QSO Party. Some place with a windbreak
      would be great, if April 21th 2012 is like last April - when sn*w was
      coming down. So far there seems to be 2 or 3 with good possibilities,
      but I haven't made any firm commitments.

      I can operate from within my van, as I did from NEWAygo a couple years
      ago, but these olde bones get a bit cramped from sitting in a
      automobubble seat for 10 to 12 hours.

      Any ideas would be appreciated.

      Now, a shameless plug for the 2012 Michigan QSO Party - it will be held
      on the third Saturday of April, which this year is 21 April 2012,
      beginning at Noon EDT (or 1600Z) and ending at Midnight EDT, (or 0400Z
      22 April). SSB and CW on all HF bands between 3.5 and 30 MHz, excluding
      60 metres and the WARC bands. Details and rules may be found at
      http://www.miqp.org

      Hope to see many of you during that time period.

      73 de n8xx Hg
      Operating from MCLM in MiQP 2012