Changes to the Long-Range 2m SSB Nets Tonight

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      Good Morning,

      Below is the VHF email I still send out every week, just like
      I have for the last 3.5 years.
      If you want this info more regularly, you can visit kc9bqa.com
      at any time. I always update the website first. Or you can send
      me your callsign and email address and I'll add you to an email
      list of my own.
      At one time, I sent email to about 20 ham groups every week,
      in a wide area surrounding WI. Now that I've condensed things,
      I save considerable time.

      Here's our net lineup for tonight:

      As mentioned first at kc9bqa.com, we have changes this
      week I want you to be aware of.
      I call the 144.240 net tonight at 0100Z, not WB9LYH.
      Look toward me in EN63ao, which is 40 miles north of
      Milwaukee. I start out looking north, then slowly turn the
      yagi clockwise over the next 60-90 minutes, calling CQ
      about every 20-30 degrees.

      Tonight's 144.250 net will have a guest host. K8GDT in
      EN91bf -- just a little SSW of Cleveland -- will pinch-hit for
      K8TQK, who has a bad rotor. Look for Gerry in EN91
      at 0130Z, same time as usual. K8GDT will also start out
      looking north, then rotate clockwise over the next hour or so.

      Both us net controls will be in the active and popular
      ON4KST.com ham chat room, making real-time updates to
      anyone who cares to follow along. Over 2700 USA and
      Canada VHF'ers have registered for this free, no B.S. service.
      If you have internet and a computer near your rigs, check it
      out and see if it's right for you. The chat rooms are available
      anytime, and licensed hams are welcome to use them.
      The 7 simple steps to get registered are here:
      http://kc9bqa.com/?p=1072

      Our Wed. nets are informal and open. Listen along or say
      hello when it's convenient. The purpose of the nets is to stir
      up more activity on 2m SSB. Please help by letting hams
      know we are out here every Wed. If you know of someone
      who wants to be added to an email list, I'll be happy to help.

      More info is always available at kc9bqa.com.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates