Re: Radio Repair

  • Jack Amelar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2012
      The guy in Greenville would be Gary Wood KE8FJ at
      Flat River Discount Electronics.
      http://www.frd-e.com/
      209 North Lafayette Street
      Greenville, MI 48838-1855
      (616)754-0075

      73 Jack NY8D

    • Mick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2012
        Thanks all, headed to St.Joe tomorrow to check out Icom authorized repair there.

        73.  :-)

        Sent by Mick's iPhone (W8DMZ)

        On Jan 24, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Jack Amelar <jamelar@...> wrote:

        The guy in Greenville would be Gary Wood KE8FJ at
        Flat River Discount Electronics.
        http://www.frd-e.com/
        209 North Lafayette Street
        Greenville, MI 48838-1855
        (616)754-0075

        73 Jack NY8D

      • N8GMY
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2012
          This ad was posted on Craiglist last Friday. I thought this might be of interest to local hams.

          I service used Amateur Radio, and Marine Radio equipment. I repair, align, and restore units to operating condition. I am retired and have a small shop in which I do the work. I formerly was a land mobile radio technician working on Motorola, RCA, Johnson, etc marine, police, and medical radios. I do not overcharge for my work mainly because to me it is a job I love to do. Below are images of some of the units I have repaired and sold at online auctions. If you have need for my services, I can be contacted at 1-269-221-4051 7 days a week between 6:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M.
          I do not charge for estimates, unless I find the radio can be fixed reasonably, and you the customer decide not to have it fixed, Then their is a $20.00 charge.

          He says he is located in Norton Shores, even though his area code is from southern MI.

          He put 4 pictures of some HF rigs he repaired.

          The complete link is:
          http://muskegon.craigslist.org/ele/3398944102.html

          Ross
          N8GMY