Anyone for a Silly Sideband Contest this weak end?

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2012
      Last weak end there was a Corn Whiskey version of the North American QSO Party.  It was fun!

      Anyone for the Silly Sideband version?  NAQP SSB,
      1800Z January 21 to 0600Z January 22, 2012 (Third full weakend in January)

      Eligibility: Any licensed radio amateur may enter.

      Object: To work as many North American stations as possible during the contest period.

      North American Station: Defined by the ARRL's DXCC list with the addition of KH6.

      Full rules are at http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

      Note, contacts may be made on 160/75/40/20/15/10 Metres.  Last weekend 10 metres was open between about 1800 and 2200Z.  Most contacts were along the west coast of the U.S. but I don't have a directional antenna, and I was running my usual "Mighty 5 Watts" to an antenna "proven to be somewhat better than a dummy load buried 6' underground" so with any "reasonable" beam and 100 watts, things could be different.

      I'll be puttering around with my "Mighty 5 watts" so if you're within striking distance, particularly on 160 and 75 metres, you might run into my call.

      73 de n8xx Hg