Winter Field Day

  • kc8pcj
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 17, 2012
      12 days to winter field day. Muskegon County Emergency Communications Services (K8WNJ)  & Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (W8ZHO) will be operating winter field day from the Muskegom Conservation Club in North Muskegon. We will be operating on 2Meter thru 40 meters Phone and 20 & 40 M CW.

      2M will include simplex and the Muskegon 146.820 repeater.

      Will post Frequencies in following posts.

      73s
      Jim
      KC8PCJ
      In God I Trust.
    • n8xxham
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 18, 2012
        Is SPAR still viable? Is it actually "running" the 2012 winter field day? The rules for winter field day refer to 2011, NOT 2012. No results for 2011 are posted.

        Just curious. Sounds like fun. However, I'll be operating the CQ 160 Meter contest - see http://www.cq160.com/rules.htm for details of this event.

        Oh, and another "outdoor Field day" is coming up on February 4 is F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff, an event which promotes low power operating outdoors. See http://www.azscqrpions.com/fybo2009rules.html Note back in 2007 (I believe it was 2007, three of us went to Hell (yes, Hell, Michigan, an unincorporated crossroads near Pinckney,) and operated Feld Hell (a version of Hellschriber) plus CW during the 2007 event.

        Note: I've though of going to Paradise, Michigan, for FYBO some year, but that's waaayyy up in the Upper Peninsula, near Whitefish Point, about 300 miles from where I live, so I haven't managed the trip yet.

        GL to all in Winter Field Day 2012! If you happen to lengthen your wavelength down to 160 metres, give us a shout.

        73 de n8xx Hg

        Sign in a local restaurant: "In God we Trust, all others pay cash."

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "kc8pcj" <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

        > 12 days to winter field day. Muskegon County Emergency Communications Services (K8WNJ) & Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (W8ZHO) will be operating winter field day from the Muskegom Conservation Club in North Muskegon. We will be operating on 2Meter thru 40 meters Phone and 20 & 40 M CW.
        >
        > 2M will include simplex and the Muskegon 146.820 repeater.
        >
        > Will post Frequencies in following posts.
        >
        > 73s
        > Jim
        > KC8PCJ
      • Al Pepping
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 18, 2012
          Don't know where you looking, the announcement for SPAR 2012 Winter Field day is right on their home page, complete with dates, times and rules....

          Is SPAR still viable? Is it actually "running" the 2012 winter field day? The rules for winter field day refer to 2011, NOT 2012. No results for 2011 are posted.

          Just curious. Sounds like fun. However, I'll be operating the CQ 160 Meter contest - see http://www.cq160.com/rules.htm for details of this event.

          Oh, and another "outdoor Field day" is coming up on February 4 is F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff, an event which promotes low power operating outdoors. See http://www.azscqrpions.com/fybo2009rules.html Note back in 2007 (I believe it was 2007, three of us went to Hell (yes, Hell, Michigan, an unincorporated crossroads near Pinckney,) and operated Feld Hell (a version of Hellschriber) plus CW during the 2007 event.

          Note: I've though of going to Paradise, Michigan, for FYBO some year, but that's waaayyy up in the Upper Peninsula, near Whitefish Point, about 300 miles from where I live, so I haven't managed the trip yet.

          GL to all in Winter Field Day 2012! If you happen to lengthen your wavelength down to 160 metres, give us a shout.

          73 de n8xx Hg

          Sign in a local restaurant: "In God we Trust, all others pay cash."

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "kc8pcj" <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

          > 12 days to winter field day. Muskegon County Emergency Communications Services (K8WNJ) & Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (W8ZHO) will be operating winter field day from the Muskegom Conservation Club in North Muskegon. We will be operating on 2Meter thru 40 meters Phone and 20 & 40 M CW.
          >
          > 2M will include simplex and the Muskegon 146.820 repeater.
          >
          > Will post Frequencies in following posts.
          >
          > 73s
          > Jim
          > KC8PCJ

        • n8xxham
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 18, 2012
            Yep, but publicity on the various contest reflectors, etc., has been
            zero, until I put it on a few.

            With zero results posted from 2011, it's a sure way to discourage
            future participation.

            I'm glad to see it on the ARRL contest calendar.

            72/73 de n8xx Hg