New ham on TV

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
      I just heard through the grapevine that Tim Allen's character on the new
      show 'Last Man Standing' is getting a ham license.

      That is to be happening tomorrow, the 13th at 8pm EST.

      This just in!!!!

      http://www.arrl.org/news/em-ham-radio-in-hollywood-em-comedian-tim-allen-sta
      rs-as-radio-amateur-on-new-tv-show

      "Tim Allen -- star of Home Improvement, Toy Story, The Santa Clause and
      Galaxy Quest, just to name a few -- stars in Last Man Standing, an ABC
      comedy airing at 8 PM (EST) on Tuesday nights. Allen plays Mike Baxter,
      KA0XTT,"

      IIRC, 'X' prefixes are only for experimental stations or something like that
      and wouldn't be assigned to an individual.

      73!

      Mark K8MHZ
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
        Hopefully, this link will work....sorry!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
          OK, let's try this again....

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
            It's days like this that make me hate Microsoft!!!!!

            This one should work (dang Outlook keeps changing my cut and paste info)