ARRL 10 N8XX SO CW QRP

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
      Anyone else do the ARRL 10 M contest this weekend? I had a ball with 5
      watts to a wet noodle antenna!

      73 de n8xx Hg

      ======= Score summary sent to the 3830@... reflector =======

      ARRL 10-Meter Contest

      Call: N8XX
      Operator(s): N8XX
      Station: N8XX

      Class: SO CW QRP
      QTH: MI
      Operating Time (hrs): 7

      CW: 155 46
      SSB: 0 0
      -------------------
      Total: 155 46 Total Score = 28,520

      Club: Mad River Radio Club

      Comments:

      Wow! 10 metres was open - early in the day to Europe, later to western
      USA, South American, etc.

      Even with a wire antenna at 28' maximum (it's a 130' inverted V, fed in
      the center with 400 Ohm Twin Lead) folks could actually hear me! Never
      put together a big enough signal for a "good run" but about 95% S&P.

      Thanks to all the folks who dug down deep into the noise to pull my
      pipsquoke antenna out of the mud.
    • NA8M
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2011
        I dabbled. Fifty or so QSOs on both CW and phone. Got a late start on Sunday afternoon when ten was open to the West Coast and Mexico. It was FUN, easy, interesting, rewarding, fun, and great to have ten-meters open for a change.

        de Bill, NA8M

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

        > Anyone else do the ARRL 10 M contest this weekend? I had a ball with 5
        > watts to a wet noodle antenna!
        >
        > 73 de n8xx Hg
      • ke8fo
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2011
          I only got on for 3 1/2 hours, but worked 100. That included a chat with Greg, W8GP, in Robinson Township.

          Mark,
          KE8FO