D-STAR Forum at Fort Wayne Hamfest, Saturday, 11/19, Noon - 1:15 pm

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011

    A D-STAR forum will be held at the Fort Wayne Hamfest on Saturday, 11/19 from Noon - 1:15 pm.

    This will be a great opportunity for those new to D-STAR to learn more about D-STAR AND those already using D-STAR to meet each other.

    For those new to D-STAR we'll start the forum by playing the VHF/UHF Digital Voice video by ARVN (Amateur Radio Video News).

    There are now SEVEN D-STAR repeaters on the air in Indiana.

    As you may have heard, the two clubs in Fort Wayne have joined together to take advantage of Icom's repeater offer and
    have recently put a 70cm D-STAR repeater on the air.

    We would like to demonstrate the new D-STAR repeater in Fort Wayne at the forum.
    If anyone has a 70cm D-STAR mobile rig, power supply & antenna
    they could bring to the forum for a demo please let me know.

    If you own a DV Dongle or DVAP or D-STAR Hotspot and have a computer with a wireless data connection
    let me know if you could bring them & demonstrate them as well.

    We would also like to hear about D-STAR activity in your area at the forum.

    Experienced D-STAR users will be present to answer any questions you might have about D-STAR.

    Please let other D-STAR users and members of your club know about the forum.

    Look forward to seeing you at the forum and talking with you on D-STAR.

    Icom America will also have a booth at the hamfest this year.

    The Fort Wayne D-STAR repeater is on 442.99375 MHz and the simplex frequency at the hamfest will be 145.67 MHz.

    REF024B is the official D-STAR Reflector for the Indiana.
    You can use the reflector to connect repeaters together for nets and public service & EmComm events.
    It is anticpated that a regular state-wide D-STAR net will be starting in the near future using REF024B.

    In the meantime, you can learn more about D-STAR in Indiana by joining the Indiana D-STAR group at:

    73, Mark, WB9QZB